Sunday, October 5, 2008

Goodbyes


The hands of my family:)

It's really bittersweet this last weekend before I go. I'm still thrilled. My friends at church sent me off with their blessings and my family is wishing me well.

But, as my son Kieran says, five weeks is MORE than a month. It's the longest time I've ever been away from him.

So my husband, son and I have enjoyed each other's company as much as possible. Since Kieran wanted something to remember me by, we visited the local knickknack store. There we found the perfect thing: a mood ring.

I still have the free ring Kieran gave me this summer (he got it from the dentist), so I'll be wearing that across the ocean.

Tomorrow we'll all start our adventures. My family will do great things here without me and I will discover wonderful things on a different continent. We'll all come together again in November to share in what we've learned.




What was your greatest adventure or trip?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Karrie:

Thinking of you, hope you're doing well & having fun. I'm watching for your posts keep in touch. Are the classroom similar to the USA?

Take care,
Karen

Karrie Zylstra-Myton said...

Thanks so much for checking in, Karen. The blog has been locked out because the automatic systems thought it might be spam:(

I'm doing well. The school is a technical college so many things are the same. Many things are different though and I have stories to tell already:)

I'll post today to try to fill everyone in a bit.

Sending you my love from China!